LCUB provides electrical permits for the State of Tennessee for property or building addresses within our service area, including Lenoir City, Loudon County, Knox County, and Roane County residents. Electrical Permits are typically required for an existing electrical upgrade, relocation of a current meter base, HVAC installation, addition to an existing building, new home construction, and mobile home installations.
To obtain an electrical permit:
- Reference the Schedule of Fees to determine the total amount you will pay to obtain a permit. Cash and checks are accepted. NOTE: LCUB charges a $5 service fee for each permit issued that is not included in the cost of the permit in the Schedule of Fees.
- Lenoir City, Loudon County, and Roane County residents must bring a valid building permit for the address where the electrical permit will be issued.
- Roane County residents must also bring a Drain Field Letter (obtained from the Roane County Health Department).
- Once you have the appropriate documentation and fees, visit one of our Customer Service Centers to obtain your permit.
- Before you can obtain your permit, you must present a valid state license.
NOTE: City of Knoxville residents who have LCUB electric service must obtain their electrical permit from the City of Knoxville. Additional information can be obtained from the City of Knoxville's website.