Commercial Development Policy
Lenoir City Utilities Board Gas Department will provide natural gas service to all commercial developments within our service territory, given the following conditions:
- If natural gas is available where a new commercial or an expansion of an existing commercial development will be placed, LCUB will provide natural gas service to the development in accordance with the practices establishes and listed below in the Construction Information section.
- If natural gas is not available, LCUB will extend an existing 2 inch main 500 feet, an existing 4 inch main 200 feet, and an existing 6 inch main 200 feet at no charge to the developer / owner.
- If additional footage is required to reach the development, the developer / owner is responsible for the total cost (labor and material) of the remaining footage necessary to reach the development. This cost will be paid to LCUB prior to any work being done.
- Once the main line has been extended and made available to serve the development, the practices established in the Construction Information section must be followed.
For a new commercial development or expansion to an existing commercial development where LCUB will provide natural gas service, LCUB will provide the following:
- Approval of the developer / owner’s engineering design and layout.
- Inspector for the installation of natural gas to the development.
- Operator Qualification approval and certification under LCUB’s Operator Qualification Plan.
For a new commercial development or expansion to an existing commercial development where LCUB will provide natural gas service, the developer / owner shall provide the following:
- Engineering design and layout to be approved by LCUB Gas Engineering.
- All materials required for development according to LCUB Gas Engineering Specifications.
- All labor required to install material for development according to LCUB Gas Engineering Specifications.
- All required Operator Qualification documentation for contractors, as requested by LCUB, including, but not limited to, polyethylene pip fusion certifications and drug testing records.
- All State requirements and submissions for approval.
- All road bores for main lines (2 inch and larger) and / or service lines (3/4 inch).
- All Tennessee One Call locate requests for the development.
- All required easements.
LCUB Gas Engineering has a list of preapproved suppliers for all needed materials required for the development.
A mandatory preconstruction meeting will be held between the developer / owner and / or representatives and LCUB Gas Engineering and / or the Authorized Project Representative to discuss all pertinent issues related to the development.
All requirements for installation must be followed according to LCUB Gas Department Standards and Specifications for natural gas. LCUB Gas Engineering must preapprove any changes in design or construction prior to implementation of the requested changes.