After A Storm
The safety of you and your family is of utmost importance so always remain tuned into local weather reports. It’s possible that more severe weather may be forthcoming.
If you’ve experienced an outage, please report it to LCUB immediately at 1-844-Our-LCUB (1-844-687-5282) so our crews can respond as quickly as possible. It’s also important to take note of your surroundings and if you see downed power lines or low hanging wires, report these to LCUB immediately. However, NEVER touch or go near downed lines. We urge extreme caution if there has been any damage to your home or property.
After Storm Safety Tips:
LCUB will never ask crews to make repairs in dangerous weather conditions or in badly damaged or flooded areas. We ask for your patience and understanding. Crews will begin restoring power as soon as it’s safe to work.
The safety of you and your family is also of the utmost importance to us. Please review these important after storm safety tips. They could save the life of you or a loved one!
- NEVER touch any downed power line or low hanging wire – it can kill! Always assume all lines are energized. Telephone and cable TV wires that touch a power line can be deadly. Call 1-844-Our-LCUB (1-844-687-5282) to report the location of any downed or low-hanging line to LCUB. You can also contact local authorities or call 911
- NEVER try to make your own electrical repairs to LCUB equipment. Let our crews do the dangerous work
- NEVER pull debris off power lines yourself
- NEVER enter areas of debris or downed trees. Downed power lines could be buried within the debris and out of view
- NEVER go near chain link fences. Dangerous lines may touch the metal
- NEVER step in puddles, they may be electrified
- NEVER connect portable generators to your household electrical wiring. Connect only essential appliances such as freezers and refrigerators directly to a generator. CLICK HERE for more info on portable generator safety
- NEVER walk into areas where crews are working. If driving near work crews, please obey road signs and proceed with caution